MCP generally seeks to invest in both sponsor and non-sponsor owned companies that have revenue between $10 million and $300 million, and EBITDA between $3 million and $30 million. We seek investment hold sizes of $5 million to $30 million, with our “sweet spot” being approximately $10 million to $15 million. We have the capability to complete larger transactions through co-investments from our limited partners and strategic relationships.
We typically target companies with some or all of the following characteristics:
- Sustainable value proposition.
- Niche market leaders with defensible market positions.
- Attractive industry dynamics.
- Ability to withstand business cycles.
- Experienced management team with meaningful equity ownership.
We provide both senior and junior debt capital, in most of its shapes and sizes – unitranche, “stretch” senior, second lien, and mezzanine debt.
We also provide equity capital, primarily as a minority investor, where we have particular expertise, and can structure equity investments either as preferred or common equity.
We have particular deal experience in the following industries:
- Transportation and logistics
- Defense and aerospace
- Government information technology services
- Business services
- Industrial products and services
- Value-added distribution
- Healthcare products and services
- Consumer products and services (including retail, food, and beverage)
- Niche manufacturing